There are 6- and 10-kilowatt solar panel systems. These consist of a long list of brands. However, we'll be restricting our focus to the 8 monocrystalline solar brands mentioned earlier. The cost range varies as listed here.
- Sunpower Corporation cost for 6kW panels can range between $16,980 to $22,980. The cost of 10kW panels can range from $28,300 to $38,300. LG 6kW panels can range from $15,840 to $19,800. Cost of 10kW panels can range between $26,400 and $33,000. Silfab 6kW solar panels can range from $14,820 to $19,980. 10kW Silfab panels can range from $24,700 to $33,300.
- Panasonic 6kW panels can cost approx.$15,840 to $20,040. 10kW panels can cost approx. $26,400 to $33,400. Canadian Solar 6kW panels can cost approx. $15,780 to $19,500. 10kW panels can cost approx.$26,300 to $32,500. Hanwha Q CELLS 6kW panels can cost approx. from $15,180 to $19,500. 10kW panels can range from approx. $25,300 to $32,500. Trina Solar Cells 6kW panels can cost approx.$14,950 to $18,300. 10kw panels can cost approx.$24,900 to $30, 500. Jinko Solar 6kW solar panels can range from approx.$16,260 to $20,700. 10kW panels can range approx. From $27,100 to $34,500.
- Racking-Racking is required for the installation of solar panels on a farm. These are mounting systems which are fixed to the ground while the panels are mounted on top. The number of racking equipment required will depend on how large the farm is. Spacing will also determine the number required. The cost of a single unit solar rack mount will range from $15 to $110. This will be multiplied by the total number of racks required. For instance, if you require 300 rack mounts, the cost per unit is multiplied by 300. Using the higher cost range, we'll get 110 x 300 which equals $33,000.
- Solar Inverter-Solar inverters come in different brands. Some of the top brands include Magnum Energy inverters, SMA Sunny TriPower Core1, Schneider Conext, SolarEdge HD-Wave, and SolarEdge US-U. The cost for these top inverter brands is as follows; Magnum Energy inverter can start at approx. $2,255. SMA Sunny TriPower Core1 480v goes for approx. $7,475. Schneider Conext comes in at approx. $3,850. SolarEdge HD-Wave costs approx. $1,295 while SolarEdge US-U costs approx. $1,295. The output rating for these solar inverters ranges from 4.4kW to 6kW.
- Performance Monitoring-There are several performance monitoring equipment. These range from battery monitors, photovoltaic or PV meters and charge controllers. A battery monitoring kit comes in various models. Some of the most popular models include the Magnum Energy ME-BMK at approx.$175 (This cost $170 without shunt). The Magnum Energy ME-MW-W Magweb wireless monitoring costs approx. about $560.
- An analogue PV meter starts at $55 while charge controllers range from $465 to $980. These are unit costs. For energy farm projects, you might want to take advantage of the economies of scale by purchasing in bulk.
This has to do with storage equipment like batteries. When we talk of batteries, we are referring to deep cycle battery systems. Like most solar equipment, these come in different brands. Some of the most popular models include the Four-Star Solar Rolling Thunder RT-2000 Backup which costs approx. $4,550 with 6kW AC output.
Others include the Four-Star Solar Backup Power that goes for $5,512, Crown AGM 220 Ah 24 VDC at approx. $1,022 and Crown AGM 440 Ah 12 VDC at approx.$1,056. Others are the Full river AGM 415 Ah 12 VDC which goes for approx. $1,004 and the Crown 430 AH 12 VDC for approx. $744.